Thursday 17 March 2011

Creativity: A Question.

Are you born with creativity? Is there a gene that allows your mind to come up with all sorts of wonderful ideas to craft?

I'm thinking a big fat YES!

I (generally) love tinkering about with the small projects I have on the go. What has struck me today though, is that all my ideas are from books and magazines. Ok, I may change them a bit, but nothing I have done so far has been original as such.

This has depressed me.

I look at many sites and blogs and I am in awe of many of the ideas people come up with. I just don't "get" how they come up with these things.

I have not been born with the creativity gene. So the questions is, can I develop one ?

How do you become creative? Formal learning? Wishful thinking?

How are you creative? Where do you draw your inspiration from?

No, seriously, I'm asking you! You there! Reading my blog.

What's your secret?

2 comments:

  1. There's an interesting post here about creativity and art -

    http://www.austinkleon.com/2011/03/30/how-to-steal-like-an-artist-and-9-other-things-nobody-told-me/

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, that really was quite interesting. And made a lot of sense.

    ReplyDelete