Wednesday 16 March 2011

Quicky Christmas

As I was sorting through my sewing books and magazines today, I came across "Cross Stitcher" Issue 234. That months free gift was some small cross stitch Christmas gift tags.

For want of anything better to do tonight, other than mindlessly surfing the internet for hours, I decided to have a go at one of the tags.

It was a very easy project, other than the fact that the stitching is very small, which doesn't go well with my ham-fisted sewing techniques I am currently mastering.

This is the first time I have stitched with "shiny" thread. I am sure there is a proper "technical" name for it, but you know what I mean. Wow! How slippery is it ?!?! Not very keen on that. Drop stitch, drop stitch, swear, drop stitch!

I thought it would take me about 15 minutes, in reality, it took me about an hour. I hope I speed up a bit after I have done a few more, otherwise (come October) I'm off down Tesco's for their 3 for 2 tag packs!

So, here is the (almost) finished article. Just have to cut it out and attach it to the tag. I think I will stitch as many designs onto the Aida before cutting them out, otherwise I will have a fraying issue.

" Oooooohhh Sparkly "

No comments:

Post a Comment