Saturday 12 March 2011

Hyper-Organised Christmas

Yes indeed! It's my first Christmas blog of the year!

I'm starting with the Christmas crafting early, as I plan to make many of my gifts. As my maternity leave finishes this month *sob*, I don't think I will have as much time as I have enjoyed recently.

So, my first Christmas project is Fragrant Strawberries, inspired by "Sew Pretty Homestyle" by Tone Finnanger.

I have purchased a few kilner jars from a local garden centre - although I have recently discovered Sainbury's do them cheaper. I am using scraps of red gingham that I have in different size checks for the main strawberry and some green fabric scraps for the leaves.

I bought the strawberry scent from an ebay shop. It is the same scent as used in soaps.

Each jar will eventually contain two strawberries and a vial of scent. I plan to put a pretty ribbon around the top of the jar.

The strawberries can be taken out of the jar and used to fragrance a room. When the scent becomes less, a couple of drops of the scent and they will be as good as new.

My first strawberry has been a bit of a trial and error project. I really need to make my hard stitching neater (although I may machine sew future strawberries) and I had a couple of failed attemps at the leaf. I left too small a hole to reverse the fabric, and frayed the edges.

Below is a picture of my 1st attempt in its jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment