Monday 14 February 2011

1st Cross Stitch

My first foray into the world of craft, specifically needlecraft, came in the form of a pretty cross stitch project that I thought would be lovely as a Christmas present for my mum.

I had never done any kind of needle work before, so maybe this was a little bit ambitious. Once I had started, I was determined to finish it.

I pretty quickly found out what an embroidery hoop was for, and this made the stitching so much easier!

However, I still cannot do a French Knot, despite lots and lots of practising. I generally just throw the thread around a bit and hope for the best.

Once stitched, I framed the work and wrapped it ready for Christmas.

Although it is not technically perfect, I was really pleased with how it turned out. And more importantly, my mum loved it, and it has pride of place on her fireplace.

I used a Dimension #65033 kit.


No comments:

Post a Comment