Thursday 17 February 2011

Laundry Day Horror

With the advent of seemingly nicer weather, I am, like many people, becoming excited at the prospect of spring.

Now, don't get me wrong, the nicer weather, lighter nights and blooming gardens are all well and good but the thing that excites me the most about spring is laundry!

The coming of spring heralds a new era once again in our household. The sheer volume of washing generated by himself and the 2 girls is astounding. Spring means the tumble dryer will be used with less frequency - Hello cheaper electricty bills - and means that I no longer need to have the clothes airer constantly erected - Hello ensuite bathroom!

So with this in mind - and with inspiration from a very pretty design in CK "Sew" - today I have made a peg bag.

Now, before I go any further, you need to understand that sometimes I lean a tad towards arrogance. I decided, with my half a dozen projects under my belt,that I could do this without following the instructions. FAIL!

The whole thing has been a catalogue of errors. But the two main ones were:

* I made the slot too small, which then made it impossible to insert the
coat hanger. Cue, unpicking all the machine stitching, inserting coat
hanger and trying to stitch with the hanger in situ.

* Ignoring instructions to hand stitch the bias tape. Nope, I decided
to machine sew. To summarise, it went horribly wrong.

So, on reflection. This one will do for now, however, I am determined to have another go next week. Reading (and following) the instructions, and doing a proper job.

No comments:

Post a Comment