Monday 14 February 2011

Book Inspiration

I thought it would be a good idea to share some of the books I have used so far for inspiration.

I would love to hear from anybody who has any suggestions for books that you feel I might like.

Sew Pretty Homestyle - Tone Finnanger

This is my new favourite book, with lots of "cutsie" craft ideas for around the home. If you are not keen on pink, this is probably not the book for you.

I have already make a bag featured in this book (p26) which I will post about at a later date.

Other projects that I want to attempt from this book are:
* Chair Cushions (p49)
* Fabric Boxes (p85)

Blankets and Throws to Knit - Debbie Abrahams


This book has loads of great examples and patterns to use. When I finally get around to knitting a blanket for the smallest one, there are loads of designs to choose from in here.

Naughty But Nice Cross Stitch - Claire Crompton


There are loads of quirky and funny cross stitch projects in here. Utilising many humourous sayings to make a variety of objects.

Stitch - Cath Kidston


I love Cath Kidston. Her work really appeals to my (deeply hidden) girly side.

Stitch has loads of great projects that are usefully graded regarding skill level.

There are several pages at the beginning of the book showing differnt needlecraft techniques, explained in a clear and understandable way.

I have my eye on the following projects:
* Union Jack Cushion (yes another one) (p47)
* Union Jack Purse (I have a thing about Union Jacks) (p82)

Sew - Cath Kidston


Another book in the CK series. Again, using the same winning formula as "Stitch". The helpful hints and skill gradings are again present.

Projects from Sew:
* Floor Cushions (p42)
* Peg Bag (p62)
* Quilted Hottie (p70)

Make - Cath Kidston


My final book in the CK trilogy. Again, same formula as the two previous books.

Projects from Make:
* Linen Tea Towels (p27)
* Flowery Tote (p60) - I have already completed a project based upon
this idea, which I will post about at a later date.
* Floral Drawstring Bag (p77) - Again, I have alredy completed a project
based upin this idea, which I will post about at a later date.

2 comments:

  1. I have Sew by Cath Kidston. And another sewing book by Helen Phillips- Sewing Gifts I think?

    I just like to get ideas from the net. I love people's blog tutorials.

    I really need to get making some things from Sew, its quite well explained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't even figured out how to search blogs yet - thats my next task!

    ReplyDelete