Monday 14 February 2011

2nd Cross Stitch

I love cross stitch cushions, and wanted to make one for myself. I came over all patriotic and chose an Anchor Union Jack chunky cross stitch kit.

I started this is November 2010 and finished it this weekend. If I wasn't so stubborn, this project would have sat in my sewing box gathering dust!

Although, now finished, it looks great, it was painfully boring to do. It was literally row, upon row, upon row, upon row (see a theme here) of cross stitch using wool.

Once the stitching was complete, it was a case of stitching some plain cream material along the back, inserting a cushion (purchased from Dunelm Mill) and sewing the 4th side togeather.

I am pleased that I completed it. But I can safely say, I will not undertake a similar project again.



No comments:

Post a Comment